Can musical ear syndrome be cured?

I have Musical Ear Syndrome. I have lost hightone hering and use a hearing aid. Iappeared about two years ago when my second wife died suddenly. I LIVE WITH IT AND DEAL OKAY. I would like for it to go away. At Christmas, I hear Silent Night over and over. i have ot told my phy., thinking he would think I was getting schizo. Is there a good treatment for this condition?
Thu, 26 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

MES (musical ear syndrome) is most common in individuals who experience bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. Sensorineural loss, which can be unilateral (in one ear) or bilateral (in both ears) is caused by damage to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain, also known as the cochlea.

Common causes are aging, tinnitus, living alone, stress, depression and anxiety etc.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.

Please consult your ENT specialist/psychiatrist they will examine and treat you accordingly.