Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Can muscle twitching and imbalance be due to a head injury ?

in 1996 I had a motorbike accident and it caused severe head trauma. I had two blood clots removed from the brain . The only long term result is no sense of smell and short term memory loss . Since then I haven t been able to exercise suffiently and lack a sense of balance whilst carrying cups of tea etc. Also recently I seem to have developed a problem with my left knee caused by cycling. The podiatrist has claimed it is a balance issue and referred me to physiotherapy to try strengthen the muscles to help heal and possible prevent future issues with my knees and ankles. To make it worse over the past few weeks I have constant muscle twitchin on my right leg above my knee and slightly right. I now worry that I may have a serious illness or could it just be a common problem with exercise and diet etc. Please advise
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcareMagic Forum

the above signs and symptoms suggestive of deficiency of calcium... there is no other possibilities.... nothing much to worry... just take calcium supplements like milk, egg, green leafy vegetables..etc.. you can also take calcium tablets... the muscle twitch is not related to previous surgery or accident...
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor