Owl Image

Can mono be transmitted by sharing a water bottle of an infected person ?

i drank out of someones water bottle after they were done and they started symptoms of mono 1-2 days later, how likely is it that i have it? (we are both 14) also, i am scheduled to go to florida in 6 weeks, what is the chance of being sick then if i am infected?
Mon, 16 Jan 2012
AS PER YOU IT IS ALREADY CONTAMINATED WATER AND THEY HAD MONO SYMPTOMS. FEVER, SORE THROAT, FATIGUE AND ABDOMINAL PAIN ARE COMMON IN THIS REGARD. IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT. YOU GARGLE YOUR MOUTH AND THROAT WITH LISTERINE SOLUTION TWICE OR THRICE A DAY AND TRY TO BE IN FREE AIR TO PREVENT ITS VIRULENCE. IN CASE THE SYMPTOMS ARISE TAKE ARYTHROMYCIN 250MG TWICE A DAY AND ACECLOFENAC IS TO BE TAKEN ACCORDING TO THE NEED WHICH WILL RELIEVE FROM THROAT PAIN. NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

DR. SURYA PRAKASH TADEPALLI +91 9849153488
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.There is no need to worry.Even if your have you can get cured by taking treatment.Mono is not very contagious .You can travel where ever you want to.For present problem you can symptomatic treatment and if case of problem visit your doctor.bye.