Can missed periods and 3 month back to back pills lead to pregnancy?

I took two months of the pill back to back and then the seven days to get my period. I didn t get it and 3 days before I was due for my period, my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I have continued on the third month because I didn t get my period. Could I be pregnant.
Thu, 13 May 2021

You are on regular contraceptive pills since two months. In between you had sexual intercourse with your boyfriend and you have missed periods. Since you have missed periods it is better to get urine test for pregnancy done. Get clinically examined by a gynecologist to detect the size of the uterus if pregnant. Your gynecologist may recommend USG (Uterus) and fallopian tubes to detect pregnancy or any pathology. You will be accordingly managed.

Since you continued to take the pills in the third month, you may not be pregnant but other medical conditions like anemia, hormonal imbalances, thyroid issue, stress, etc that can cause such symptoms need to be treated. Get the required investigations done. You are suggested to avoid stressful lifestyle. Take adequate rest & home made nutritious food.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician