Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Can meprate tablet avoid pregnancy ?

if i take meprate tab on 25th day can it avoid pregnancy an start periods soon cause 4 days before had intercourse without protection
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  991
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Meprate tablet will not help you to avoid pregnancy.

You need a prescription of an emergency contraceptive pill. This pill can help avoid pregnancy if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to healthcareMagic
No it wont avoid pregnancy, moreover its too late to act now. Emergency contraceptives within 72 hrs of unprotected intercourse are most effective. Wait for your periods. If you miss periods ,confirm pregnancy by doing urine pregnancy test. If pregnancy is positive you can consult an obstetrician for further management. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor