Can medical Marijuana replace Vemlidy for treating hepatitis B?

My doc is telling me I should start taking Vemlidy for hep b. Side effects are scary.. Should I look for a second opinion? My son wants me to seek a medical cannabis... My brother died of liver cancer 3 yrs ago after getting a liver transplant. I am worried...
Fri, 30 Aug 2019

In the case of hepatitis B of the virus is multiplying in body than antiviral medication needs to be taken to stop its replication.

Your son can get investigated with sgpt, sgot estimation, HBV DNA by PCR and Hbeag estimation to check whether virus multiplying or not.

If all these reports normal than no need for medication or else medication need to be taken. Kindly revert back with reports once done.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician