Can masturbation disfigure the penis?

Can masturbation disfigure Penis
Mon, 22 Jul 2013
Thanks for writing in.

Masturbation is an act of self pleasure technique used by adults of both gender by stimulation of genitalia. Masturbation is as old as human civilization itself.

In men it is usually practiced by making gently holding the shaft of the penis and making to and fro movements until erection and orgasm is achieved.

As such masturbation has been documented as a safe sexual practice but it should not be overdone so as to affect the daily routine of an individual.

There are also situations where there can be rough mutual masturbation or self masturbation using various sex toys. In these situations, one should not get carried away and hurt his penis unintentionally or cause deliberately twist the penis of reduce the blood supply to penis for long time. This may cause fracture of penis and need surgical treatment.

Hope this helps
Dr A Rao Kavoor

Annonymous's  Response

no