Can lumps on neck suggest a clogged carotid artery?

My husband has a non tender firm lump on the left side of my neck. I only see it when He turns his head to the right. When neck is straight it can t be felt. Could it be a clogged carotid artery or lymphoma? It seems a bit bigger- size of a quarter. He s had it that I ve noticed about 6 months. What could it be?
Wed, 5 Nov 2014
Swelling in neck at this age most probably could be a lymp node swelling..causes for lymph node swelling could be tuberculosis or lymphoma or cancer from unknown site.. The history you had given me is a bit inadequate.. I advice u to visit a surgeon and get a aspiration test done from the swelling at the earliest..I hope I have answered your doubts.. Have a good day..