Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Can liver damage be cured ?

My mother-in-law has cirhossis of liver . She has naver consumed alcohol in her life. The doctor says 70% of her liver is damaged. Is there any treatment for the disease. How long can she live with this condition? Sex : F Age : 65 No alcohol consumption, no hepatitis
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  807
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi welcome,
in some cases withou the history of alcoholism also cirrhosis will occur
her liver 70%is damaged now
if she is undergoing proper treatment according to doctor she will be saved.
if much damage go for replacement which will be expensive.
she will survive if start treatment now itself
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Is she taking any medication like contraceptive pills, phenytoin for seizure. These drugs can also cause. She needs to take a normal protein diet. Less fat in the diet. She needs time to improve but full improvement will not come. It is only supportive management like medication for reducing swelling of legs, abdomen. She must not take high salt also because of fear of renal damage if it is associated. Kindly consult with the Doctor regarding possible causes and management of this situation.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor