Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Can left pectoral undergrowth affect right pectoral muscle growth ?

As an athletic individual I find myself wondering as to why I seem to have more muscle fibers attached from my left pectoral minor and major muscles to shoulder and ribcage , while my right side being more dominant has less muscle fibers and causes some discomfort for me when I flex the right pectoral muscle in fixation as to when I flex my left pectoral muscle I feel perfectly fine and can feel the actual muscle as it expands due to the force exerted. I am aware as an aspiring medical student that this question is silly, but I’ve contacted many sports medicine specialists who’ve simply repeated to me that I should workout my right pectoral muscle more and to perform more repetitions which has done absolutely nothing in the past 6 months, I’ve also noted that my right pectoral muscle is somewhat thin compared to my left pectoral muscle (the area attached from the muscle its self to my anterior deltoid). I had been diagnosed and treated for tendinosis (most commonly mis-diagnosed as tendonitis in my right shoulder approximately 5 months ago). Could this issue hinder my right pectoral muscle growth in any way? And if so is there anything I can do to even out the muscular imbalance in my body? I’ve struggled to flex my right pectoral muscle that I only seem to aggravate it at this moment in time. Your time and help is greatly appreciated. I’ve become weary of most sports medicine specialists in the states for a simple consultation on a simple question. I hope to hear of a possible solution from you.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
ur problem seems to be a waisting of one side muscle .
the solution is same , u hv to strenthen the particular muscle. as u mentioned u hv tried a lot but no results came.
so better u go and meet a sports physiotherapist not a sports medicine specialist(as u mentioned).
definitely results will cum.
tk care.
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor