Can krimson cause severe constipation?

I am under going the treatment for PCOD as Metformin- 1after brft and Krimson 35. I have stated Krimson since last 3 days i.e. since 5th day of my cycle. From that day I am suffering from constipation. Otherwise I don t have any digestion related problem. Is it a side effect of Krimson? Also tell me will there be any withdrawal of the same after stopping it after 3 cycles? My age is 39yr snd have 2 kids. Thank you.
Wed, 5 Feb 2014
Hi and thanks for asking in HCM forum. Krimson 35 tablet contains: cyproterone acetate BP 2mg and ethinyloestradiol IP 0.035mg. some common side effets are headache, nausea, gastric upset, vomiting, change in libido, chloasma. Actually it is safe drug used to regularize periods in PCOD. In case you have stopped the treatment, the effects of stopping the treatment - here are a few possibilities.

1. Recurrence of menstrual irregularities and bleeding.
2. Persistence of cysts in the ovary.
3. In case, ovulation is affected, infertility can occur.

Your constipation problem could be due to other causes and it is not adviced to stop krimson 35 without consulting your treating doctor. All the best. Regards