Can kidney be examined through the penis?

Can a kidney be examined through the penis? My husband had two masses removed from his bladder today. He has a history of bladder cancer which was treated with chemo and radiation successfully ten years ago. Five years after that treatment the cancer once again presented and was also treated successfully. Now, three years later, a shadow was seen on the bladder per ultrasound. Today, two masses were explored and biopsied. He was released with an indwelling catheter in place. Severe pain led him to remove the catheter and return to the hospital. He is telling me that his kidney will be examined through the penis and he is terrified. Is this the usual way a kidney is examined?
Wed, 26 Aug 2015
Nephrologist 's  Response
I understand your concern.
I think he will be subjected to detailed endoscopy procedure and the treating doctor has told him like that in order to make him understand properly.
The procedure will be carried out with due precautions so that it does not cause discomfort to him.