Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Can iron supplement cause cyst acne ?

hi i think I have iron deficiency or anemia . 1.what do you call for a doctor who specializes in blood? 2. if i take blood test , how can you tell between just lack of iron or thalassemia ? 3. recently i m taking iron supplement 65mg. 2 tablets per day. I notice I m having acne breakout like crazy. is it because of the amount of iron that i ve been taking ? thanks so much
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1078
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
1, specialist in blood is called hematologist
2,It is called blood test for Hb.estimination and type of anemia.
3,there is no allergy of iron of this type,after taking iron one gets black color stool.
ok and bye..
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor