Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Can intense heat cause more irritation to pubic area? Explain risks

I am visiting Cambodia next year and I know the temperatures are very hot and can regularly reach 50+ degrees celcius. Can intense heat cause more irritation and itchiness to the pubic region due to pubic hair and the warmer climates in Cambodia. I live in the UK so the average temperature is only 15 degree celcius. I am a young male (17) and I have never shaved my pubic hair before, but I wondered if the heat can exacerbate irritation in the pubic region. I find my pubic hair itchy enough as it is and wondered what necessary steps should I take, if any and what risks are involved should I take any action. Thanks, Jack
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Hi Jack,
Thanks for posting your query.
You may have "Tinea Cruris" a common fungal infection in males.
You should consult with dermatologist and take proper treatment.
Shaving of pubic hair may exacerbate your itching by putting shaving cream.
You should avoid use of soap and shampoo in pubic region.
Hot whether of Cambodia may increase your problem by precipitating sweating in pubis region.
You should use cotton undergarments for keeping pubic area dry.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sat, 25 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor