Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

182 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can i take catapres instead of omnic for urethral pain ?

i am a lady suffering from urethral pain and am taking Omnic fot that at the time being i am diagnosed with endometriosis and taking lupron injections every month my Doc adives me to take Catapres medicine for the hot flushes , My question is can I take catapres instead of Ominc ,and would it help me for the pain as well as they r both anti hyper tensive medication ?
Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
answer to your question is 'NO' becoz omnic or tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker . It works by relaxing muscles in the bladder and prostate. This may improve urine flow rates and decrease urinary hesitancy/urgency. This medication should not be used to treat high blood pressure.where as catapress effectively relieves hot flashes ,it is an alternative of hormone therapy to treat hot flushes.hope that it will help you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....