Can i take Bactrim for a bacterial vaginosis ?

Can i take Bactrim for a bacterial vaginosis?
Tue, 10 Jan 2012
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Hello
Bactrim may not be most helpful for BV.The better treatment is tinidazole/clindamycin.
julie's  Response
Are there any over the counter medicines that I can get for it?
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
No,antibiotics are prescription only.

Saturday I went to the ER because i was having abdominal pain. They told me I had bacterial vaginosis. They prescriped Metronidazole. I have two days lift to take this medicine. The odor has lift BUT the abdominal pain is still here and I see just a lilttle blood when I use the restroom. (Very little). What is this all about!!!! I know it takes 7 days for the meds to completely work BUT why am i still n pain. I drink alot of water and caranberry juice as well. HELP!!!! SHOULD I GO BACK TO THE ER???

I have taken diflucan and Bactrim all of last week. This second week I have been using monistat 7 day treatment because I got a yeast infection from taking the other medication for a UTI and BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS. Two questions-First I am on my 4th day of the monistat treatment and forgot last night. Should I take it now that I have remembered or should I wait till before bedtime tonight. Second question-Now that it is the second week can I start back having sex or will my nexplanon interfere with me taking the monistat cream?

What should I do? I was recently diagnosed with bv and took the antibiotics fully that was prescribed along with the yeast in case it came about. I still have bv symptoms and now I have very light vaginal spotting when I wipe or it sometimes shows up in panty liner. Can bv cause this? I take my birth control continuously and I haven t had a period in 2 months. I never usually have a problem with taking it continuously

Recent questions on  Bactrim

Have mild chest pains after walkng for 20 minutes. They last about 15 minutes and when I slow down they go away. The rest of the day I just feel somewhat tired. Had echo,stress test on tread mill and angiogram CT scan. They said my heart is fine but I have some indictation of blocked arteries. One of them appears to be about 55-70% but they do not want to do an angiogram with stent. I had a liver transplant last Dec 2009 and it is fine. I maintain a good BP and pulse rate is a little low. After walking my BP is about 119/65 and HR is 62. Always, but I do have morning hypertension and am taking Cozaar and Norvasc along with Prograff,Imuran--Immunosurpressants for LIVER and Bactrim. The seem to cause headaches EVERY night about 2am that last for several hours. thought I was having a stroke but they ruled that out. Went to ER several times thinking that I was having a heart attack. EKG shows nothing and the heart enzyme tests are negative. I am puzzled. My dentist who is an avid runner said that I may be having ANGINA and to take my NITRO with me. I don t want to stop walking but this has been gpoing on for 3 months and nothing has been diagnosed? Thank You.

49 yr female. LMP 5/2003. Hx kidney stones, NONE since 2006, no s&s uti. Been inc bladder for 3 mos, r/o MS..2x in past year, + ua..protein, blood, ketones..5 day bactrim, no f/u u/a done. NOW..passing clots..unable to determine where in flow they originate. NOT going to ER...for anything...Can this safely wait til Mon?

I've been diagnosed with streptococcus virdan. I've taken several medications such as levaquin, cipro, bactrim, doxycline and many more. The levaquin started working but I quit taking it because I felt better and now I've been having this problem for six years due to the fact I stopped taking my medication. About a year ago, a doctor did a semen culture and I was positive for virdan. He prescribed me penicillin and of course it didn't do anything. Do you have any suggestions of what I need to do because this has been and ongoing process forever

q i have a problem with my private part at first i were able to produce semen fluid but now i dont often produce semen during sexual intercourse and i dont know if my sperm duct is intact despite visiting doctor several hospital and given some medications those anti bactrim but no change better when i was not taking medications. Is there any solution to this problem doctor?

My wife has severe nausea/ vomiting since Tues. Went to ER on Wednesday and they released her with a prescription for antibiotics and anti-nausea. The nausea medicine seems to make no impact. Also has diarrhea since 14 Oct.

I ran an ax into my leg about 4 inches above my ankle in the front. I did it Nov 17 and didn't get to Dr until Nov 22. Although I treated it with peroxide and anti=bacterial salve was very red around it. It's vertical about 1.5 inches. She...

Dear Dr Shoman, You were right in your diagnosis. It seems that I have Prostatitis . I believe that the PSA and other tests revealed that there were bacteria present so I have been prescribed antibiotics. These are the pills I am meant to take for...