Owl Image

Can i take Aspirin daily during pregnancy ?

I am pregnant and advised to take Asprin 75 every day.I wanna know details about it.Is it safe ?If safe what is good action of it.
Mon, 16 May 2011
hi
generally aspirin is an salicylate drug used as analgesic and antipyretics,but is known to cause hemolysis
If aspirin is prescribed by your doctor he may have considered your present state ,its not safe to have aspirin in early weeks of pregnancy as it may cause miscarriages and if prescribed its recomendable not to take adult doses but take low doses ...

stay safe !
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
hello
welcome to health care magic. yes aspirin can be taken safely during pregnancy. it is given to women who have certain conditions during their previous pregnancy like misscariage, hypertension, hypercoagble states. it imrpoves the blood circulation at the utero placental level. it prevents the blood from clotting at the placental site so the blood supply to the foetus is ok.