Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Can i stop taking tranexamic and switch to dydrogesterone ?

i already taken tranexamic acid to stop my bleeding but it isnt working now i want to stop eat it and start to take dydrogesterone tomorrow is it okay?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
welcome to
tranexemic acid is a medicine to stop the bleeding. However dydrogesterone is a hormone medicine. It is not advisable to take this tablet without medical supervision. It is specifically meant to be taken for certain types of excessive menstrual bleeding and not meant for everyone. It is best to consult a gynecologist before taking this tablet.
I hope you find my advice useful and get well soon.

Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor