Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Can i do normal exercise if i have posterior low lying placenta during pregnancy ?

hi, i am 23 years old and am having my first pregnancy .my weight is 67kg i got my detailed ultrasound which showed that my placenta is posterior and low lying reaching the internal OS by 12.0mm.i also have UTI and infection in my blood for which i am getting treatment.My doctor told me to take complete bed rest.kindly tell me that does sitting an walking too much has any harmful effects?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  364
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.In cases where placenta is low lying at time due to too much pressure on abdomen or some physical trauma there are chances of separation of placenta which is dangerous.So your doctor is right that you are required to take proper rest.Routine sitting and walking inside home is fine,but proper rest in between is must.bye.
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor