Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Can i do body building in gym as i have mild mitral valve prolapse ?

I have mild mitral valve prolapse and this has been confirmed by doctors after performing echo and hotler test. Test report IVS Thickness ED 10 ES 13 LVPW Thickness ED 11 ES 14 Mitral valve DE 1.81cm EF-13.0cm/s hotler test was normal I want to know two things 1. can i do body building in gym . ( Lift weight on chest , back , arm , shoulder to train my muscels) 2. can i drink whey protein shakes and take carbo hydrates shakes . Thanks ...
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jan 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  595
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Mitral valve prolapse is a condition in which the heart is unable to supply enough oxygenated blood to the body. So any situation in which the body demands more oxygen like heavy exercise, can worsen the condition. So body building in the gym is not advisable.
Whey protein and carbohydrate shakes are not restricted in this condition.
All the best.
Answered: Wed, 2 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor