Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Can i ask a doctor about burning sensation in chest ?

My mother had chest pain ( some kind of burning). It happened three times in past 10 days. May not be heart pain but not sure. Could you suggest us what is the speciality of the doctor we need to consult and what exactly is this according to you.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response have not mentioned whether your mother is suffering from any other problems like diabetes,hypertension etc.It is very difficult to comment any thing.Consult a cardiologist for the necessary investigations,diagnosis and treatment.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
it could be due to multiple causes and only a small percentage of them arise from the heart
it may be muscles or bone and joint problem or due to problems in gastrointestinal tract like stomach(gastritis).it may be also due to lungs related problems
if your mother suffering from diabetes, hypertension, obesity then heart related pathology can be suspected
its better to consult a cardiologist who can diagnose the condition. some investigations like ECG and spirometry may be needed
take care

Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor