Can hot tubs cause unusual blood clots on the legs?

Can hot tubs cause bloodclots? I used one two days ago and since then 5 bruises have showed up on my legs. I have not bumped or hit anything. I do not take any blood thinners but i have tested positive for one trait of factor five. Ive never had trouble before with blood clots but my sister has. That is why i was tested.
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

You have a genetic history of blood clot formation to your sister. So you are having factor v mutation which is congenital cause for thrombosis.

If you have factor v mutation as mentioned in history then you need to take life long anticoagulant drug. Hot tube application cannot lead thrombosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician