Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Can homeopathy treatment helpful in knee pains along with swelling and restricted movements?

Hi, my mother aged 56 yrs old is suuffering with both knee pains along with swelling and restricted movements ,currently taking pain killers and calcium tabs ,can she start homeopathy treatment?
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  223
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Homeopath 's  Response
hello to hcm,
Here are many good medicines in homeopathy.please get some pathological test for your mother and post the report tome for right and proper diagnosis of the disease condition
complete blood picture w/r to esr,uric acid,urine routine examination w/r to calcium oxlate,phosphate,urates,rbc,epithial cell.
for the time being you should make your mother use following remedies
cimicifuga 200 one dose morning
rhustox 200 one dose bed time
dr.mohsin madni
Answered: Sat, 29 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Sayed Irfan's  Response
welcome to the healthcare magic forum,your mother is suffering with osteoarthritis,a degerative process in the bones related with old age ,in this condition we need to have a x-ray to access the progress of the condition ,try ti see that she dont bent her knees esp when sitting dont allow her to take ground as it will aggravate the condition,calcium supplements are good cbut restrict the use of allopathuc painkillers and opt for homeopathy,its safer and much more effective !
Answered: Sun, 29 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Ravi kumar
As you are looking for Homeo medicines so I am not suggesting ayurvedic internal medicines but I feel concerned for your moher's health so suggest a local prcedure :
Boil dashmool and babuna in water and cover this with towel. when towel gets heated with steam take it off and cover it with second towel. Place the heated towel when it becomes bearable hot on the knees. continue it for half an hour daily for atleast fifteen days.
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to health care magic,
first of all visit best bone specialist near you ,try to follow his advice,,go for physiotherapy and wax treatment,,have gud source of calcium and protien...if there is lot of pain go for uric acid test,,,these all will be conducted by your doctor ..follow only one best one dont change your physician frequently....
take care
Answered: Wed, 21 Sep 2011
  User's Response
from the history it appears your mother is suffering from osteoarthritis.OA cannot be cured. but OA symptoms can be controlled. drugs used are pain killers, anti inflamatory drugs and Corticosteroids injected right into the joint can also be used to reduce swelling and pain.
Exercise helps maintain joint and overall movement.Applying heat and cold, Getting rest,
Losing weight if you are overweight will help.
consult your Orthopedician surgeon
Answered: Wed, 21 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response
Hello Ravi,
From the description , your mother seems to be suffering from osteoarthritis, which is an age related degenerative condition occurring due to wear and tear of the joints.Homeopathy does have excellent and safe solution for these complaints, which would help your mom get better.
She needs to follow a few things inorder to avoid prevent further damage-
1) Ask mom to avoid sitting n the floor
2) Use a table or a stool to eat,
3) Minimize climbing stairs . She can walk on level ground for a longer time
4)Certain exercises also help

Hence along with the medicines it is important to follow the exercises, which would not only help in reducing the symptoms but also prevent further damage.
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor