Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Can herpes one and two spread by using the same glass with a button on nose and lip ?

hi I have a family memeber with type one and two herpes and recntly they drank from the same glass as i did and this morning i got a botton in my nose and one in on my lip it doen t look like the cold sore that i have seen but it scares me i didn t know they had herpes untill today........... so I m really scared to death.................what can i do??
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi mere drinking of water from the glass which the patient used cannot be source of infection.if ur immunity is less then there is a chance of herpes infection.we cannot get herpes one and two at the same time expect in hiv or hbs ag infected individuals.even then use propylactic dose of zovirax like 400 mg twice daily to prevent from protracting infection
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor