Can hepatitis B be detected in childhood ?

One child has produced from inactive HBS ag father, During the childhood hbsag detectable in serum? if not, what age it will become detect.
Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics ,  
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
i am not able to actually get your question well, but lemme brief out
hepatitis is classified as confirmed or probable cases.
1. if father is a carrier and mother not at all anything, both mother and child gets immunization
2. if mother is a carrier or confirmed both situation, father should get vaccines and son on birth should get passive immunization as immunoglobulins. (hepglob)
see hepatitis b managment has taken a huge expansion lately and should consult a hepatologist before you take your final decision, cos lot depends on HBSAG, HBEag, anti-Hbs, ALT and even the PCR-DNA of b virus

Pediatrician Dr. Partho Sarathi Roy's  Response
hi,
If the child is infected from father via mother(HBsAg + mother)the first thing to do is the child should received Hepa-B vaccine at birth.Then at 10th wks and 14th weeks.
thanks.
Taher Kagalwala's  Response
Maternally derived HBsAg (that is, passed from the mother during delivery) can be positive for about a month or so. If the test is positive after, say, two months, it is a positive test for the baby.