Can glucosamine sulfate and glucosamine phosphate cause elevated blood sugar level?

My Age is 30/ female I am using Jovit 900 mg tables for more than a year, because an Orthopedic consultant recommended it for my knee joint pain, crackling sound in joints and weak bones. Dose glucosamine sulphate and glucosamine phosphate elevates blood sugar level. I never had high level of glucose in my blood but now my latest tests indicate that I have hyperglycaemia. Random sugar 268, and with Fasting 191.
Wed, 4 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There is nothing yo suggest that this drug can increase the sugar level , yes your knee pain may have restricted your exercise that may be one reason, but it looks that you probably have diabetes in the light of the reading given. I would advise you should do your HBA1C level which would show us the sugar level of about last two months, that can better tell us about your status.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.