Can giving flaxseed oil be beneficial to an autistic child?

I have a 3 yr old that has been diagnosed with autism. MY nutritionist suggested that I give him flaxseed oil. She told me that I should see a difference in his learning capabilities and temper tantrums. I just ordered some. My question is how does it help? And how much should I give him?
Tue, 16 Apr 2019

Yes... very much.
Such children have often low levels of omega-3 fatty acids but unfortunately many children on the spectrum also do not tolerate omega-3 supplements, so this can be a struggle.
Krill oil can be tried, if cod liver oil doesn’t work, otherwise flax seed oil may be beneficial. They seem to work because of high anti-inflammatory properties.
Lots of omega complexensures your son has lots of brain food so that even if they are born autistic at least he may be at the genius end.
So lots of oily fish, walnuts, sunflower oil for cooking, or flaxseed if you can find it.
Plenty of good people on earth have autism so don't be scared to bring an autistic child into the world. Just love that child as much as you are able. But there is no magic wand cure for guaranteeing autistic treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. AJEET SINGH, General & Family Physician