Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Can folic acid help me in irregular bleeding ?

I have been bleeding irregularly for about five years. I go times where I bleed all month long. Can folic acid help with this? I am twenty eight years old, and over weight. When I had my son I gained over a hundred pounds in the last two months, but that was eight years ago.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Overweight and irregular periods could point to possible Hypothyroidism or ovarian hormonal disorder. It would be best to get your hormonal checked for the same and also get a thorough checkup by your Gynaecologist also to rule out other causes. Also get your Haemoglobin and blood cell count done to rule out anaemia which is common in severe bleeding. Folic acid will not be of much help in your case. You can take medicine like T.Pause (Tranexemic acid) to reduce your bleeding.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor