Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Can feel lymph node under the angle of jaw on both sides and freely movable. Right tonsil mild swollen

Is there a gland or lymph node that is right under the angle of the jaw? I feel them on both sides, and the are freely movable, I can actually slide them over my jaw bone but the right is larger, my right tonsil has also felt mild swollen. This has been going on for ~11 weeks. I saw my PCP at around 6 weeks into it and she told me it was probably a virus?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  826
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HCM.

the gland you feel is a submandibular lymph node.these glands get enlarged during infections of the surrounding areas.since you have an enlarged tonsil,it is the most probable cause for need to take a course of antibiotics,if it still persists you may have to think of a biopsy on advide from a medical consultant.
Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor