Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Can face marks be genetic ?

For almost my entire life, I ve had these brown, freckle like marks on my face . They re mostly on the top of my cheeks and mid-nose area. One of my freckles is a very small dark brown dot on the inside but lighter on the outside (still darker than my normal skin but lighter than the dot; the difference between the dot and the lighter part is very distinguishable). Are these spots due to sun damage? Many members of my family have the same thing, so I thought maybe it is also genetic.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
freckles are very common in fair skin and it has strong heredity .
it increase in sunny days
ultra violet radiation increase it
it is possible to remove by LASER
but as you have heredity there is high chance of re occur .
always use good sunscreen lotion twice a day.
i hope i answered your question .
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor