Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Can Exposure To Peroxide Cause Intermittent Pain In Arm?

Good morning, My 82 y/o father has had intermittant arm pain (tender to touch, throbbing) in each arm. Full cardiology work-up (replacement aortic valve), and it seems to coincide with exposure to peroxide. Dentist told him to rince with it, arm pain for quite awhile, stopped peroxide pain went away. He accidently used a peroxide based toothpaste and pain came back. Stopped using and pain again went away. Can t seem to find much on peroxide allergy, have you heard of such a thing. Thanks, Mike Beck
Mon, 12 Dec 2016
Report Abuse
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello!

Thank you for asking on HCM!

His symptoms could be related to an allergic reaction to peroxide. All his symptoms and the fact that his symptoms are triggered by the contact with peroxide indicate possible allergic reaction.

I would recommend avoid the contact with this substance in the future.

Some allergy tests may help determine this possibility. You should consult with an allergologist for this purpose.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

Loading Online Doctors....
Can Exposure To Peroxide Cause Intermittent Pain In Arm?

Hello! Thank you for asking on HCM! His symptoms could be related to an allergic reaction to peroxide. All his symptoms and the fact that his symptoms are triggered by the contact with peroxide indicate possible allergic reaction. I would recommend avoid the contact with this substance in the future. Some allergy tests may help determine this possibility. You should consult with an allergologist for this purpose. Kind regards, Dr. Iliri