Can drinking too much beer cause Cardiac arrest/Arrhythmia ?

Hello, Please help. my Sister drinks like 12 beers a day. Thanks
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
ingesting a large amount of alcohol can cause acute poisoning and lead to cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heart beat) and cardiac arrest. your sister is, sadly, drinking way too much every day. Over time alcohol will keep destroying her heart muscles (cardiomyopathy) and lead to heart arrhythmia, heart failure and premature death. you sound alarmed and rightly so. get to know the problem in more depth especially how to handle it within family. good luck and may God give us all a sis like you.