Can doctors repair carotid arteries which is 100% blocked ?

My wife has 100% blockage in her right side cartid artery and the doctor i talked to said it couldn t be repaired i hope this isn t true
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
Attempting to open a totally blocked carotid artery is too dangerous. There would be an unacceptably high risk of stroke. Having it remain closed doesn't increase the risk of stroke. We have numerous patients that live long and healthy lives with a blocked carotid. The important thing is to follow up at least annually with a vascular surgeon to make sure that the other side stays open.