Can direct exposure to sun cause hair loss and hair damage ?

Hi! I am from India and I am a female. Age- 19. I have less hairs in the central crown of my scalp. The frontal line hairs and the rest of the hairs are okay. And I also suffered from pimples 3 years back.Now I don t have pimples but I have visible facial hairs. I not undergoing any treatment for it but I will soon go to a dermatologist . I wanna know if direct exposure to sun can damage my hairs even more?? If yes, please tell me ways to prevent such a damage. And please don t suggest caps etc. Any lotion , serum or oil to prevent that damage???? Thank you for listening me!!
Thu, 18 Apr 2013