Can dehydration cause leg muscle cramps?

I just had an incredibly painful..upper thigh- leg cramp(s),, charley horse... I was reading & it hit... acute pain is gone.. but still sore? I read that it could be from dehydration.. low magnesium- had same issue last night... trie dto really up water intake today..
Fri, 17 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Dehydration and lack of glucose can cause muscle cramps and Charlie horse. It is due to accumulation of lactic acid after a long period of dehydration. Nothing much to worry as it will improve once you are hydrated. Drink plenty of water and sweetened liquid diet you will be alright soon.

Thanks.