Can computer vision syndrome permanently affect my vision?

Fri, 27 Jan 2012
hello
CVS CANNOT DECREASE YOU VISION
you can have headache,eye strain ,heaviness in eye which are temporary effects.have a healthy diet,take rest in between working on computer, drink lots of water,maintain aproper distance from your screen,work in proper adequate light
by
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello,
yes it cannot affect eyesight but increase in strain.do frequent blinking during computer hours. consult your eye doctor and get a computer vision correction that will help you focus more accurately and with less effort. When prescribed properly, these glasses also can help you read printed material with greater ease, and the lenses can have tints and coatings to make your eyes feel a lot better.taking frequent breaks (every 15-30 minutes) where you look at something real far away, like out a window, to relax your focusing muscles.You can also help yourself by making sure your work station is maximally efficient and comfortable — check out the lighting, height of your screen, angle of your screen, hand position, etc.To relieve some of the stresses and strains, make sure you look up and far away, preferably out a window or across a room, about every 15 minutes.Your monitor should be about 10-15 degrees below your eye level and tilted slightly away from you at the top, the way you would hold a book. You should adjust the screen contrast to be comfortable, and the room lighting shouldn't be too bright.take care