Can colobomas cause non reaction to soaps in eyes?

My son was diagnosed as a new born with colobomas in both eyes in the retinas and optic nerves. I have noticed lately that he doesnt have a reaction to anything that would normally cause irritation to eyes. Soap in his eyes, he puts his fingers in his eyes all the time and it doesn't seem to bother him.Is it possible he doesnt have feeling?
Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It can only effect vision . such effect are not linked toit. No treatment is possible. I f coloboma retina include choroid then chances of retinal detach ment is there. All other signs and symptoms are related to dime nution of vision.