Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Can chlamydial infection be without symptoms for over a year ?

I m a 23yo healthy female with no history of any std. I m 5 7 & about 140lbs. My boyfriend recently got tested for chlamydia . It came back non-conclusive, but he does have a NGU. Over a year ago he cheated on me. Is it possible that this std can be in the body for over a year with no symptoms? I had no symptoms and had a pap smear about 6 months ago & it was clean. After he informed me I began to feel itchy & a slight abdominal pain with a discharge. Do u think I m making the symptoms?
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,there are some infection when male is a carrier and do not have any symptoms and when female get infected they show symptoms.If you are infected a year back you must have symptoms then.As far as present complaints are concerned you may some urinary infection or some local infection in your vagina.Do not worry and get your self examined and treated for this.For safety always use condom.bye and take care.
Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor