Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Can child be put on growth hormone to make her grow?

Hello, my daughter just turned 10 ywars old and she attained puberty 3 months back and we checked her bone age to be 13 years and 3 months and her current height is 4 feet 9 1/2 inches. I am 5 feet 2 inches and my husband is 5 feet 11 inches tall. I would like to know if we can have her put on growth harmone whoch can make her height a inch more atleast. What height she might end up? The endocrine we went says she would not suggest growth harmone instead give piills to stop her puberty and reduce the bone growth and allow skin growth but she is not 100% sure that will help in her height and says at the most she can be 5 feet tall. I wish she can be atleast 5 feet 1 or 2 like me atleast and am ready to spend money for growth harmone or ayurvedic medines etc. Kindly advise? I live in USA.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Growth hormone is usually indicated whenever there is growth hormone deficiency with short stature and in conditions like short statuture with turner syndrome. As your child is 10 years only now still there is time for linear growth as one peak of height gain will be there around pubertal age. The final height is decided by her genetic endowment and which can be approximately calculated by measuring parents heights and then by calculating mean parental height. So follow your Endocrinologist advise.
Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor