Can chewing lot of gum is cause lumps in my throat and soft palate?

I recently ate a pizza, and after one slice, I felt a dodgey acidic taste near my soft palate, and no matter how much I drank or ate, it wouldnt go away for at leat 15-20 mins. But about 2 hours later I began to get the taste again so I looked in the mirror to find little lumps at the back of my throat and one slightly bigger lump on my soft palate... also I began to get heart burn. I have been having a lot of gum recently, maybe that has started it up? Please help me!
Wed, 18 Dec 2013