Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Can chest pain while resting be the symptom of heart attack ?

Hello Doctors I am a 22 y/o male, I am overweight 5 9 and 183 lbs, so I tried to follow a rigorous exercise regimen, then lately I expereinced chest pains while resting, my blood pressure is 140/ 90 in my latest check. Am I having a heart attack??
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
It appears like you have weight management issues. The current recommendations are moderate exercise (For example brisk walking) for 40 minutes. Firstly, eat a healthy diet consisting mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables, and avoid junk food like fried food and colas. Avoid strenuous exercise for now. Chest pain can occur after rigorous exercise. You need to check your Blood pressure in a state of rest and avoid taking stimulants like coffee or smoking within an hour of measuring your Blood pressure. Nothing to worry as of now. Follow this regimen and let me know. Last but not least Do not give up :) Keep trying to stay fit.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor