Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Can cartilage regenerate inside the body ?

good morning doctor, i had a pain in my left knee mri report showed loose bodies cartilage doctor suggested for arthroscopy to remove the loose cartilage at the same time to take the sample for regenerating the cartilage in the laboratory and the surgery again after 6weeks to insert the same in the knee. Have done arthroscopy and want to avoid the second surgery is there any ayurvedic /homoepathic medicine to regenerate cartilage - apporx size 2cm x 2.5cm. i am 4oyear old. no other disease - waiting for your advise-thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  595
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi ,
the treatment advised to you is justified . you being just 40 year old , this will prevent knee replacement in future.

Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. The current treatment is best suited for you and i would advice you not to back out from it. At your age it would be able to give you better result and moreover medicinec can not help cartilage grow at astronomical rates. So just have faith in your doctor and go for the second surgery and after that you can look forward to additive therapies. Wish you god health.
Answered: Wed, 31 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I am Dr.Manish- homeopathic doctor, As you have already been through arthroscopy and now appreciate your decision for not to opt fro second surgery and yes as you asked we have medicines which help you in regenerating cartilage and also to prevent further degeneration of it. For permanemt solution of your problem you can contact me on
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.You should continue with the treatment as planned before.If you want to try you can try alternate medicines along with this,but main plan should not be dropped.Please before taking any treatment you have to see its merits and demerits.Any treatment taken has to be evidence based,if you want ,go for a second opinion from another arthroscopic surgeon.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor