Can bromopan intake induce reddish stools?

Dear Doctor, I have orange-reddish bits in my stools. I had been having pain for about three weeks (I m getting an endoscospy to check for gastritis or an ulcer) but my pain is now gone, my endocrinologist assured me it was nothing more than eating sausages or something red but they orange-reddish bits have returned. I have diarrhea but think this could be attributed to medication which includes Bromopan and Pantacol.
Thu, 8 Jul 2021

Neither of these medicines should cause the orange-reddish bits you speak of. On a positive note, this is not how blood appears, so it is not that. I think the endoscopy is important at this point. Both of these medicines can cause diarrhea in some patients.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist