Can blood work show if you had a heart attack ?

can blood work show if you had a heart attack?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
elevated troponin levels can show heart damage. ckmb elevation shows muscle damage & a bnp can show fluid overload from chf

I took my 14yr old son to the er yest with chest pain. the er dr told me that his ekg showed nonspecific st and t wave abnormality. It was repeated 2 hrs later with same result. He was discharged with papers for me to call a pediatric cardiologist today. I was told his ekg shows he could have possibly had a heart attack sometime in the past, but since chest xray is fine now, and no blood work was done, just follow up with cardiologist. Does this sound right?

My father in law had a heart attack on friday night, but he has not woken up yet. All his blood work is ok and he is making urine. He is breathing 50/50 with the machine and the ct scan and ekg are all good...they took him off the pain killers at 6:30AM this morning...why hasn t he woken up yet?

I am a 53 yo female worried about having a heart attack. I have at times had pain in my ribs on my right side that travels towards my spine. Usually, Advil or Bayer aspirin helps the discomfort. For the past week, this mid back pain seems to be coming through to the upper center abdomen. I had taken several 500 mg bayer aspirin over a couple day period so I don t know if I just irritated my stomach or if this is heart related. I have no shortess of breath, dizziness or sweating. I was taking Metroprolol (25 mg 2x daily) and also had Lisinoprol added (one 5mg daily) as I had a echocardiogram which showed a slight enlargement on the left side of my heart. My total cholesterol is high at 250, my HDL is good at 63. My doctor hasn t put me on medication - trying to get it down by diet (I am overweight). While I feel some discomfort in my chest, am I worrying needlessly? I know an echocardiogram doesn t show blocked arteries but, could it be assumed after watching the blood flow to/from the heart that there could be blockages? Should I rest easier knowing that I ve just had the echo and my dr didn t seem needlessly concerned?

Recent questions on  Heart attack

Hello Doc, I ve been having a weird discomfort in my left part of my breast and a pinched feeling in my upper left shoulder blade!! I m a 26yr old healthy female and I sit up and google symptoms I have and start freaking myself out thinking I m having a heart attack! Please help!!

My grandpa had a heart attack yesterday. He has been unconcious since then last night they but a central line through him to cool him down to 94 degrees. It took the ambulence 15 minutes to get to him from the time he started having issues breathing and ever 30 seconds he would gasp for air. do you think he is going to have severe brain damage

dear Sir, My name is kashif latif and at this time i am 30 years sir my problem is for the month ago i have tingling and numbness in my both hand and at the same time i have feeling my heart is racing like 150 miles and hold body covers with shivirng and i am loosing control and going crazy and feeling that i am having a heart attack but when i visit the doc and he done ECG he foung nothing to done my heart and my heart is working normally and one more thing at that time i am feeling shorness of breath and my all body chill sir please tell what is this and i am fear of this this will hapen again to me i am awaiting your answer Kashif latif

i was in a car accident like 2 months ago, broke a few bones, had surgery(hip and femur)a month later i began feeling left chest pains, left arm pains...typical heart attack symptoms in other words. last night was the 5th time i went to the e.r. thanks to this pains and again they found nothing wrong with me or my heart so i guess the ekg and mri were all good. the pain is still there on a daily basis my parents refuse to take me to the hospital they think i m insane. my questions are can my heart be bruised or enlarged?or that would have been ruled out with the ekg and mri?they said its not my lungs but the pain is on left back also, could it be only muscle pain?i don t have insurance and all this medical assistance is pretty expensive. if anyone could please get me on the right direction i would greatly appreciate it, this pain is so stressing it feels like a tickle on my lung or heart and i m scared if overlooked it will kill me. by the way i m a 19 yr old grl and nobody in my family has any kind of medical problems....

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...