Can blood work show if you had a heart attack ?

can blood work show if you had a heart attack?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
elevated troponin levels can show heart damage. ckmb elevation shows muscle damage & a bnp can show fluid overload from chf

I took my 14yr old son to the er yest with chest pain. the er dr told me that his ekg showed nonspecific st and t wave abnormality. It was repeated 2 hrs later with same result. He was discharged with papers for me to call a pediatric cardiologist today. I was told his ekg shows he could have possibly had a heart attack sometime in the past, but since chest xray is fine now, and no blood work was done, just follow up with cardiologist. Does this sound right?

My father in law had a heart attack on friday night, but he has not woken up yet. All his blood work is ok and he is making urine. He is breathing 50/50 with the machine and the ct scan and ekg are all good...they took him off the pain killers at 6:30AM this morning...why hasn t he woken up yet?

I am a 53 yo female worried about having a heart attack. I have at times had pain in my ribs on my right side that travels towards my spine. Usually, Advil or Bayer aspirin helps the discomfort. For the past week, this mid back pain seems to be coming through to the upper center abdomen. I had taken several 500 mg bayer aspirin over a couple day period so I don t know if I just irritated my stomach or if this is heart related. I have no shortess of breath, dizziness or sweating. I was taking Metroprolol (25 mg 2x daily) and also had Lisinoprol added (one 5mg daily) as I had a echocardiogram which showed a slight enlargement on the left side of my heart. My total cholesterol is high at 250, my HDL is good at 63. My doctor hasn t put me on medication - trying to get it down by diet (I am overweight). While I feel some discomfort in my chest, am I worrying needlessly? I know an echocardiogram doesn t show blocked arteries but, could it be assumed after watching the blood flow to/from the heart that there could be blockages? Should I rest easier knowing that I ve just had the echo and my dr didn t seem needlessly concerned?

Recent questions on  Heart attack

My dad had a kidney removed because of cancer, while recovering in hospital he had a heart attack, they diagnosed him with heart disease and arteriosclerosis. He was released from hospital monday but since he has been home he has had loss of vision in right eye cannot feel his right leg at most times and when he can he says it feels like it is bursting. Today he kind of passed out and twitched a little out of nowhere for a few seconds. What should we do? in regards to diet any home remedies that relieve pain or should we call an ambulance? I need help!!!

Hi. I took a 15 mg adderall (not prescribed) to study at around 10 am. At around 7-8pm, I smoked cannibas (also not prescribed). A few moments later I began to feel very dizzy, and my heart beat was extremely fast. I then felt pressure and dizziness, but not an excruciating pain to my chest. After that my body was becoming cold, starting with my hands and eventually shivering. I took a hot shower and tried to keep warm and just went to sleep after it calmed down a bit. Today my heartbeat seems "normal" but i still feel lightheaded somewhat and I'm concerned. Did I have a heart attack?

The left side of my chest and armpit, aswell as my left arm has been hurting alot. i have had a tight pressure on my heart for a week and a half now. i feel as if i am having the beginning stages of a heart attack and have small panic attacks before SOMETIMES calming myself down. I have smoked and eaten weed for 3 years now and enjoy it alot, it makes me calm in my current life situations but every time i eat or smoke it the pain increases tenfold and my heart beat becomes extremely irregular. I would appreciate advice from an experienced doctor on if it is physiological, something to do with my pigeon chest or because of smoking, maybe a combination.
I am 18 and appreciate your attention.

Hi, ay aswer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...I feel as if my chest on the right side mostly is tightening up and last night my heart was racing. I feel as if I can't breathe what do es this mean. I'm 20yrs old could I be in risks of a heart attack?

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...