Can bisoprolol cause increase in heart rate?

My consultant said I could stop taking my bisropolol I was only on 2.5mg for about 7 month he advised me my heart rate would go up, but is it normal to have a headache along with this and my heart seems to keep missing beats, if this is a normal side effect how long will this last?
Wed, 4 May 2016
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Bradycardia, conduction, disorders and headaches are seen in up to 10% users of this medicine as a side effect. Side effects can last up to one week after discontinuing the medicine. If persists longer than that then inform your health care providers.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shardendu Tomar