Can biaxin xl 500mg treat the infection in tooth?

I have root resorption and the tooth has had two root canals and told the tooth needs to be pulled. This was a few years ago and have had no problem but now have a pulsating throbbing in tooth and see a little pus coming out. I had biaxin xl 500 mg last time it did this and wonder if this is okay to get rid of infection. I will be having tooth pulled as soon as I can save some money
Wed, 11 Jun 2014
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanks for consulting at hcm..you are having root resorption and also periapical abscess since pus is coming out,,the antibiotic you are taking will work along with analgesics..but you need iopa radiographs to check for extension of lesion,,kindly get back to with your dentist for a check up and treatment asap,,hope it helps,,take care,,,