Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Can bacterial infection cause elevated sugar levels?

Hi Dr. I am diabetic since one year and I have been doing very well in controlling my diabeties through a lot of sport and a ballanced diet . I check my blood sugar daily and it was fine and AC1 was between 6.0-6.3. A few weeks ago I had stomach problems and yesterday the doctor told me that I have bacteria in the stomach, DPM 650. My blood sugar is going crazy in the last 3 weeks reaching 300mg/dl a figure that I have never experienced since I was diagnosed with diabeties. My question is; can the bacteria infection cause such spikes in my blood sugar? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Osamanab,
Thanks for query.
Any infection in the body may disturb diabetes and increases blood sugar level and many a time injection insulin is to be started for controlling blood sugar.
So consult your doctor and start medicine for controlling blood sugar.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 24 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor