Can baby Asprin be taken during pregnancy?

First ultrasound showed 6 week pregnancy 2 week smaller than expected per calculated by dates . Provider advised take baby aspirin daily and repeat Ultrasound in 1 week, Is aspirin indicated at this stage. Is it safe. Does scientific data support use of aspirin at 6 weeks pregnancy
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There are specific indications for aspirin in pregnancy. Is there any history of previous abortion or venous problems? If so it may be wise to take aspirin. Discuss with your obstetrician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
OBGYN Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair's  Response

There are specific indications for aspirin in pregnancy. Is there any history of previous abortion or venous problems? If so it is wise to take aspirin. Discuss with your obstetrician.