Can asthma be associated with GERD?

Hi doctor I m a 23 yr old medical student who is diagnosed as asthmatic 2 months back,taking medicine but still not well so might my asthma is associated with gerd also becz I got relief after taking omeprazol last night .and today was my case presentation and I didn t performed not that well actually Vry bad and got scolded by teacher I also have nasal sound so lack of confidence since childhood and during my I got pimple issues ,I m feeling a kind of low now as if I m good for nothing please help me out.
Fri, 21 Sep 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

By your history and description, possibility of stress and anxiety related worsening of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and asthma is more likely. Stress and anxiety cause hyperacidity. This worsen GERD. And this in turn causes worsening of asthma. So in my opinion, we should definitely treat your stress and anxiety first. So better to consult psychiatrist and get done counselling sessions. Try to identify stressor in your life and start working on its solution. You may need anxiolytic drugs (propranolol and flunarizine combination) too. Don't worry, you will be alright with all these. Avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.