Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Can anything be done for p. vascular .d ?

can anything be done for p. vascular .d ?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Feb 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. what can be done first is finding the cause of the disease so that necessary medical care with evaluation and management can be done.
2. patient has to be screened for: diabetes, high lipid profile,high blood pressure, sedentary life style, obesity, chronic smoking.
3. complete cessation of smoking and tobacco consumption, strict control of diabetes, reduction of weight, control of hypertension by salt restriction, treatment of hyperlipidemia by dietary modifications.
4. walk slowly at slower pace to avoid claudications.
5. raise the heel of shoes by 1/2"
6. take maximum care to avoid injury to foot,as it may precipitate gangrene
7. controlled exercise programmes for 6 months by walking near to maximum pain tolerance (on a treadmill) significantly improve the painfree maximum walking distances.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
The main thing is to keep your extremities warm
Take 30-45 min walk daily
stop smoking
Reduce salt/sugar/oil in diet
Start with cap. Lasuna Himalaya 1 cap twice a day and cap. Arjuna Himalaya 1 cap twice a day for 3 mths
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Ayurveda has got effective solution for your problem, there is herbal supplement and preparation available in the market like CapArjuna, Tab Aswagandha, Cap Lasuna, Cap Tagara,, including this you may need regular exercise and change in the lifestyle avoild high alcohol, smoking, fatty diet
Take care
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

IF smoker, then stop smoking. Regular exercsise if present with claudication will help in increasing blood circulation. Certain prescription drugs should also be administered. Surgical modalities like angioplasty/plaque excision is also available.

Answered: Tue, 23 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor